Banana Reflection

August 07, 2014
In a Nutrition Seminar that we attended, the doctor said that bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, and serotonin helps make you feel relaxed, happy and in control.

Though I am not a Biochemistry freak, I think that it's true! I've been eating bananas every night and even though I am already tired or preoccupied by many things or facing the difficult challenges of the week, or checking a Latin quiz with a very low grade, or listening to an unsatisfactory Medieval Church History recitation, I still feel happy.  

More than the bananas, I know that there must be something spiritual. Bananas are given to me with a smile by the Seminary fathers who know that I need sustenance before my nightly routine. The environment where in seminarians and priests serve the Lord wholeheartedly counts. And, of course, the faith that God never abandons you. Well, I guess, it's more than just bananas... but I'll take two for tonight.

No comments:

God bless you!

Powered by Blogger.