The Blessing of Forever

January 28, 2022

AN UNEXPECTED EVENT ON THE SOLEMNITY OF ST. THOMAS

In 2017, when I was serving as parish priest, I was about to celebrate the 7:30 AM Mass when a priest endorsed to me a couple who are celebrating their Golden Wedding anniversary. They requested a simple blessing after they attended the 7:00 AM Mass. However, I requested them if they can stay for another Mass so that I can give the blessing within the Mass. Both were teary-eyed as they renewed their vows exactly 50 years ago at the same church in UST.
Afterward, they told me: "We cannot express our gratitude and joy. We will forever remember this until our dying days." My heart melted for we served as instruments of God to let this couple know that they are loved.
They never expected it (it was not scheduled), neither do I. Thank you, Lord, for making us instruments of your love.

No comments:

God bless you!

Powered by Blogger.