Novena Prayers to St. Jude Thaddeus

February 05, 2011
Novena Prayers to 
St. Jude Thaddeus, 
Patron Saint of the Impossible

NOTE: This novena to St. Jude Thaddeus has an ecclesiastical approval from the Archdiocese of Manila

______________________________


NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. JUDE THADDEUS

OH MY GOD, I firmly believe that Thou art really and corporally present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar.� I adore Thee here present from the very depths of my heart, and I worship Thy sacred presence with all possible humility.� O my soul, what joy to have Jesus Christ� always with us, and to be able to speak to Him, heart to heart, with all confidence.� Grant, O Lord, that I, having adored Thy divine Majesty here on earth in this wonderful� Sacrament, may be able to adore it eternally in heaven.� Amen.

O GLORIOUS APOSTLE,

St. Jude Thaddeus, true relative of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus!� Through this Heart, I praise and thank God for all the graces He has bestowed upon thee.� Humbly prostrate before thee. I implore thee through this Heart� to look down upon me with compassion.� Oh, despise not my poor prayers; let not my trust be confounded! To thee God has granted the privilege of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases.� Oh, come to my aid, that I may praise the mercies of God!� All my life I will be grateful to thee and will be thy faithful client until I can thank thee in heaven.� Amen.

L: Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee!

A: Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee!

L: St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress!

A: St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress!

Pray for us, that before death we may expiate all our sins by sincerely repentance and the worthy reception of the holy sacraments!

Pray for us, that we may appease the Divine Justice and obtain a favorable judgment!

Pray for us that we may be admitted into the company of the blessed to rejoice in the presence of our God forever.

Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally as the patron of hopeless cases and of things despaired of.

Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded to thee to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.� Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect forever.

I promise thee, O Blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor and I will never cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee.� Amen.

(Three Our Fathers, Hail Marys and Glory be to the Fathers)


L: St. Jude Thaddeus, pray for us!

A: And for those who invoke thy aid!

________________________

LITANY OF 
ST. JUDE THADDEUS
(For private use only)

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God, the Son Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Ghost, have mercy on us.
Hoy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.
Hail Mary, pray for us.
St. Jude, relative of Jesus and Mary, pray for us.
St. Jude, while on earth deemed worthy to see Jesus and Mary and to enjoy their
company.
St. Jude, raised to the dignity of an apostle,
St. Jude, who hadst the honor of beholding thy Divine Master humble Himself to wash thy feet,
St. Jude, who at the Last Supper didst receive Holy Communion from the hands of Jesus,
St. Jude, who, after the profound grief which the death of thy beloved Master caused
thee, hadst the consolation� of beholding Him risen from the dead and of assisting at His glorious� Ascencion.
St. Jude, who didst preach the Gospel in Persia,
St. Jude, who didst convert many people to the Faith,
St. Jude, who didst perform wonderful miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit,
St. Jude, who didst restore an idolatrous king to health, both of soul and body,
St. Jude, who didst impose silence on demons and confound their oracles,
St. Jude, who didst foretell to a weak prince an honorable peace with his powerful enemy,
St. Jude, who didst take from deadly serpents the power of injuring man,
St. Jude, who disregarding the threats of the impious, didst courageously preach the doctrine of the Christ,
St. Jude, who didst gloriously suffer martyrdom for the love of thy Divine Master,

Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee,
Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee.
Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee.

St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress.
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress.
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress.

That by the intercession both priests and people of the Church may obtain an ardent zeal for the Faith of Jesus Christ, we beseech thee, hear us.

That thou wouldst defend our Sovereign Pontiff and obtain peace and unity for the Holy Church, we beseech thee, hear us.

That all heathens and unbelievers may be converted to the true Faith, we beseech thee, hear us.

That faith, hope and charity may increase in our hearts, we beseech thee, hear us.

That we may be delivered from all evil thoughts and from all the snares of the devil, we beseech thee, hear us.

That thou wouldst vouchsafe to aid and protect all those who honor thee, we beseech thee, hear us.

That thou wouldst preserve us from all sin and from all occasion of sin, we beseech thee,� hear us.

That thou wouldst defend us at the hour of death, against the fury of the devil and his evil spirits, we beseech thee, hear us.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world: Spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world: Graciously hear us O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world: Have mercy on us.


L: Pray for us Blessed Jude.

A: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.


LET US PRAY
O St. Jude Thaddeus, thou relative of Jesus Christ, thou glorious apostle and martyr, renowned for thy virtues and miracles, faithful and prompt intercessor of all who honor thee and trust in thee!� Thou art a powerful patron and helper in grievous afflictions. I come to thee and entreat thee from the depths of my heart; come to my aid with thy powerful intercession, for thou hast received from God the privilege to assist with thy manifest help, those who almost despair of all hope.� Look down upon me; my life is a life of crosses, my days are days of tribulation and my heart is an ocean of bitterness.� All my paths are strewn with thorns and scarcely one moment passes but is witness of my tears and sighs; uneasiness, discouragement, mistrust and almost despair prey upon my soul.� Thou canst not forsake me in this sad plight.� I will not depart from thee until thou hast heard me.� Oh! Hasten to my aid, and I will be grateful to thee all my life.� I will honor thee as my special patron, I will thank God for the graces bestowed upon thee and will encourage devotion to thee according to my power. Amen.


L: St. Jude Thaddeus,pray for us.

V: And for those who invoke thy aid.

___________________


BLESSING FOR THE SICK

Grant, Almighty and eternal God, everlasting health to those who believe.� Hear us for thy sick, for whom we implore the aid of Thy tender mercy, that being restored to bodily health they may give thanks to Thee in Thy church, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

They shall lay their hands upon the sick and they shall recover.� May Jesus, the Son of Mary, the Lord and Redeemer of the world, through the merits and intercession of His Holy apostle Jude Thaddeus and all His saints, show them favor and mercy.� Amen.



_____________________


OCCASIONAL PRAYERS TO ST. JUDE THADDEUS

Prayer of Thanksgiving
(To be said when a favor has been granted)

O most sweet Lord Jesus Christ, in union with thy Holy Mother Mary and all the Angels and Saints, I praise, glorify and bless Thee for all the graces and privileges� Thou has bestowed upon Thy chosen Apostle and intimate friend, St. Jude Thaddeus.� I pray Thee, for the sake of His merits, grant me Thy grace and through His intercession come to my aid in all my needs; but especially at the hour of my death deign to strengthen me against the rage of my enemies.� Amen.


PRAYER TO ST. JUDE THADDEUS

(Indulgences: 300 days; plenary on the usual conditions, if said daily for a month.� Preces et Pia Opera, n. 450)

O Glorious St. Jude Thaddeus, by those sublime privileges which so ennobled thee in thy lifetime: relationship according to the flesh with Our Lord Jesus Christ and the apostolate; by that glory which, as the rewards of thy labors and martyrdom, thou dost now enjoy in heaven; obtain from us the Giver of every good all the graces we need to enable us to profit greatly by that divinely inspired doctrine which thou hast handed down to us in thy Epistle: that is, to build the edifice of perfection upon the foundation of faith, praying through� the grace of the Holy Spirit; to keep ourselves always in the love of God, looking for the ,mercy of Jesus Christ unto life everlasting: and to help by every available means those who go astray.� Thus shall we exalt the glory, the majesty, the dominion, the authority, of Him, who is able to preserve us without sin and keep us without blemish and in gladness unto the coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ, God our Savior.� Amen.


PRAYER TO ST. JUDE

A prayer to ask for the intercession of St. Jude for serious problems, when feeling� hopeless and alone, and for desperate cases.

Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.� Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.� Make use I implore you, of the particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.� Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.� I promised, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.


No comments:

God bless you!

Powered by Blogger.